Te Waimate Mission
Address: 344 Te Ahuahu Rd, Waimate North, Kaikohe
Phone: 09 405 9734
Website: New Zealand Historic Places Trust
- Weekdays: 10am–4pm
- Weekends: 10am–4pm
- Closed on Public Holidays
Venue Types: Historic
This is the sole survivor of three mission houses built in 1832 at New Zealand's first inland mission station and farm.
It was occupied by George and Martha Clarke and their family, and later by Bishop Selwyn from 1842 to 1844, when he briefly established a theological college there.
The house eventually became the vicarage for the nearby church of St. John the Baptist.