Waiheke Island Historic Museum
Address: 165 Onetangi Straight, Waiheke Island, Auckland
- Wednesday: 12pm–4pm
- Weekends: 12pm–4pm
- Closed on Public Holidays
Venue Types: Museum
Experience a slice of Old Waiheke at the Waiheke Museum and Historic Village.
* A reconstructed woolshed housing the Museum’s main exhibits
* A 1930s-style island cottage that can be used as a meeting room
* Three small bach-style houses with period rooms and photo exhibits
* The original Waiheke jail
* Being developed: The Taonga Heritage Gardens
* A wool press, a whale-oil cauldron, a hand-cranked telephone network, and even a fine old long-drop toilet!
- Are you responsible for Waiheke Island Historic Museum? Claim it