Sarah McLachlan and A Taste Of Lilith
After much media speculation, multi Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter and original founder of Lilith Fair, Sarah McLachlan, is confirmed to visit New Zealand in October with “A Taste of Lilith.”
After a 10 year break, Lilith Fair returned to the United States this year for 23 shows and featured a veritable who’s who of solo artists and female-led bands. Joining Sarah for “A Taste of Lilith” in Auckland are songbirds Court Yard Hounds (Martie Maguire and Emily Robison of Dixie Chicks) and our own Julia Deans and always fun Teacups.
For each ticket sold, A Taste of Lilith will donate $1.00 to the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.
The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation (NZBCF) is dedicated to fighting against the incidence and effects of breast cancer in our community. This fight operates on a broad range of fronts:
• Our education programmes promote risk reduction through early detection and positive lifestyle choices,
• Investments in research and medical support aim to improve the quality of diagnosis and treatment offered to women with breast cancer,
• Our community outreach programmes help women return to their normal lives as quickly as possible after treatment,
• Our advocacy focuses on the development of guidelines to improve consistency of care with every aspect of breast cancer,
• And for women living with life limiting cancer, we look to provide them and their families with the support, comfort and care required to cope better with their treatment and its day-to-day challenges.
It is an honour for Lilith to work collaboratively with organisations dedicated to making an impact on the future of women’s health.