|Tue 5 Feb 2013, 7:30pm–10:00pm|
Online tickets are no longer on sale
Additional fees may apply
We are looking forward to seeing you this Tuesday 5th February for the Hollies at Ascension Wine Estate, Matakana.
Please read the following information to ensure your experience is enjoyable...
Gates open at 5.30, with special support artist Kylie Price on stage at 6.45 and The Hollies at 8pm. The concert will finish about 10pm.
Parking at the winery is for disabled patrons only.
Neighbours directly opposite Ascension will have paddock parking available for a small charge, cash only.
Alternatively free shuttles will operate from Warkworth I-site, Baxter St Warkworth (opposite Westpac) and from Omaha Surf Club. The Omaha bus will stop at Matakana School. These buses will run from 4.30 until 7.30, and return afterwards. There are no other stops.
You may bring your own food and soft drink but absolutely NO alcohol or glass. Bags will be checked.
Beer, wine and RTD’s will be available from a cash only bar. Cash out will be available on site.
Food - Wood fired pizza, German sausages, coffee, gourmet burgers and more will be for sale, including vegetarian options.
Seating is on the grass and there is no reserved seating. You may bring your own chairs, or a blanket to sit on. Guests with blankets and low chairs will be seated on one side and normal height foldable concert chairs on the other.
Please remember that this is a rain or shine event.
If you have lost your ticket, you must contact the company you purchased it from.
With more hit singles than The Beatles in the 60s, The Hollies shaped the world of pop music as we know it today. Their mega hits including Air That I Breathe, He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother; Bus Stop, Long Cool Woman (in a black dress) and Carrie Anne, continue to be among the most-played in the world today – testament to just how good this band is.
Along with The Rolling Stones and The Searchers, they are one of the few British pop groups of the early 1960s that have never officially broken up and that continue to record and perform. Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year and having backed it up with an international tour and best-of album, The Hollies remain as current today as they did three decades ago.
The Hollies proudly announce that they will be returning to Ascension Wine Estate this summer following a sold out concert 2 years ago – unlike their last successful tour, this is The Hollies only concert in the Auckland and Northland region - a very special event not to be missed. With a playlist that includes their biggest hits, fans are urged not to delay buying their tickets.
Gates open 5.30pm
Finish 10pm (all times approximate)
• The amphitheatre is grass and all admission is general admission. There is no reserved seating. Guests may bring their own chairs, or a blanket to sit on. Low or sand chairs are a good option. Generally you will be seated on grassed areas, blankets and low chairs one side and foldable concert chairs on the other.
• A full bar with EFTPOS will operate and a range of hot food will be for sale.
• Parking: On-site parking is only available for disabled guests.
• Free shuttles will leave from the following locations where there is plenty of parking - outside Warkworth I-site (opposite Westpac) and from Omaha Beach Surf Club (stopping outside Matakana School), taking you straight to Ascension. The shuttle buses will operate from 5.00 PM to 7.30PM, and at the conclusion of the event. Our neighbour across the road will be offering parking (subject to weather) for a nominal amount.
• This is an outdoor event. We play "rain or shine".
• Food - You can bring your own food and sealed soft drinks but no glass please.
• There will be food stalls on site with a variety of selections including vegetarian option.
• Beverage - The event is fully licensed. Wine, beer, RTD’s and soft drink will be available. Absolutely no BYO alcohol.
• Children are welcome but there is no free or reduced entry – all children must hold a ticket.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.