People byAssociation Non-profit Human Resources Conference
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Tue 19 Jun ’12, 8:00am–5:00pm||
Where: Jubilee Building - Parnell Community Centre, 545 Parnell Road, Auckland
Restrictions: All Ages
Event listed by: bpsadmin
We’ve built this one day conference specifically for Associations and Charities around the seven most important things they told us they needed to know about human resources.
Rejuvenate your team and empower them with collective vision and strong leadership.
The People byAssociation Conference will feature international and local presenters who have a passion for the non-profit sector and proven success with managing leaders, volunteers and staff. Gain valuable insight - uncover practical strategies and tools relevant to you and your situation.
Earlier in the year a survey of the non-profit sector revealed the following challenges many charities and associations face on a daily basis:
Associations and charities asked us “how can we...”
• Attract people with the right attitude, ability and motivation?
• Foster positivity in our leaders and what tools can we use to develop their skills?
• Achieve early alignment of our organisation’s values with those working with, or volunteering for, our organisation?
• Manage and engage my staff and volunteers – keeping them on track with our vision in a way that is harmonious and without conflict?
• Attract volunteers and then retain them in a way that is meaningful?
• Attract younger staff and volunteers in competition with the for-profit sector?
• Attract and convert outstanding business executives and professionals to join our board as volunteers?
We listened and responded! Gain valuable insight and practical strategies from local and international leaders in non-profit human resources solutions and management.
• Uncover key initiatives your organisation can take away to implement positive development with your leaders and managers
• Align values between employer and, employee or volunteer. Find out how organisational strategy sets the scene for all human resource objectives, initiatives and outcomes.
• Experience fresh approach to developing positive working relationships, promoting innovation and creating a strong sense of unity and progress.
• Know how to attract qualified personnel with the right attitude, ability and motivation
• Understand what motivates volunteers - the key to keeping them.
• Understand ‘good’ governance and accountability and how it attracts board members wanting to be part of your vision.
The People byAssociations Conference is a mix of case studies and workshops delivered in a way that encourages audience participation and input. A stand-alone Masterclass Option by US Human Resources expert Lisa Brown Morton and AUS recruitment specialist John Bellamy has very limited seating to maximise delegate participation in workshops.
View the programme here: http://www.associations.org.nz/events
View the top-class speaker line-up here: http://www.associations.org.nz/speakers