Learn How to Train Your Dog
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Tue 5 Jun ’12, 6:30pm–7:30pm||
|Tue 5 Jun ’12, 7:30pm–8:30pm||
|Tue 12 Jun ’12, 6:30pm–7:30pm||
|Tue 12 Jun ’12, 7:30pm–8:30pm||
|Tue 19 Jun ’12, 6:30pm–7:30pm||
|Tue 19 Jun ’12, 7:30pm–8:30pm||
|Tue 26 Jun ’12, 6:30pm–7:30pm||
|Tue 26 Jun ’12, 7:30pm–8:30pm||
|View more sessions|
Where: Foundation Of The Blind, 96 Bristol Street, St Albans, Christchurch City
Restrictions: All Ages
Event listed by: nakeddog
Discover the Einstein at the end of your leash! Our Life Skills Class will help you learn the skills to have a better behaved dog at home, and in public. These classes are for dogs of all ages- pups too!
Here is what you'll learn:
* how to keep his 4 paws on the ground (no more jumping on visitors!)
* how to share a toy
* how to teach games like retrieve
* demonstrate the ability to wait nicely in a sit for a few moments building to a few minutes
* getting your dog to come to his name and to a whistle
* walk on a loose leash with mild to heavier distractions
* demonstrate the ability to "leave it" momentarily when something fun or tasty drops to the floor or the ground in front of him or her
* teach commands like sit, and down and how to do this in your everyday life
* build some self control and focus by watching the handler
* have better car manners!
Learn more than you thought your dog could do! We encourage everyone in the family to participate...
Check out our other class K9 Nose Work- Learn how to play your dog's kind of game.