Ka 400 Free Holiday Programme
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Mon 2 Jul ’12, 9:00am–3:00pm||
|Tue 3 Jul ’12, 9:00am–3:00pm||
|Wed 4 Jul ’12, 9:00am–3:00pm||
|Thu 5 Jul ’12, 9:00am–3:00pm||
|Fri 6 Jul ’12, 9:00am–3:00pm||
Where: Manurewa Marae, 81 Finlayson Aveue, Auckland
Restrictions: All Ages
- Admission: Free
Event listed by: mikahakafoundation
Dance, sports, fun games & making good friends. All kids aged between 11 and 17 years of age*. Like to dance, sing, act, perform and enjoy learning new things? This is the perfect programme for you.
Slots will be available for those who attend the workshops. Limited slots so register quick.
What is involved:
- Dance workshops by NZ's finest dance teachers;
- Learn the art of dance, practice, rehearsal, stretching, etc;
- Using digital platforms;
- Learn some Maori traditional games - ki o rahi, tapuwai;
- Make new friends and share stories about successes.
Special guest tutors:
- Jay Tewake (Ka 400 Team Leader);
- Victoria Theobold (contemporary/jazz);
- Eddie Elliot (hip hop);
- Christopher Ofanoa (contemporary/hip hop);
- Jade Davis (ki o rahi).
What to bring:
- All dancing within the marae is in bare feet, but comfortable shoes for outdoor games.
- Dancing clothes (no jeans and no baggy clothes).
- Food (bring plenty of fruit and muesli bars for eating throughout the day).
- Water bottle (to refill on the day).
- Sunblock (we may do some Maori games outside).
or call: 096206111.
Book now, don’t miss out!
*Please ask before the programme if you can bring anyone younger or older.