Historic Northland Voyage
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Fri 26 Oct ’12–Mon 29 Oct ’12, 8:30am–3:00pm||
Where: R. Tucker Thompson, 69 Marsden Rd, Paihia
Restrictions: All Ages
- Adult: $1,200.00
- Child: $900.00
Online tickets are no longer on sale
- Booking fees may apply
Event listed by: R Tucker Thompson
Sailing, stories and stunning scenery! A magical combination of story telling and traditional tall ship sailing, served up with hearty traditional fare and convivial company. It's a unique experience where you will delve deep into the truth of New Zealand's history in a setting so special, you'll feel you have been transported back to the times of early explorers.
In partnership with the New Zealand Historic Places Trust, an onboard historian will explain and show you key locations and events that shaped this nation's early beginnings.
Your experience includes:
- Voyage to Cavalli Islands, Matuari Bay and Whangaroa Harbour;
- Guest historian from New Zealand Historic Places Trust;
- Accommodation on board (in bunk style communal facilities);
- Three cooked meals daily, plus morning & afternoon tea;
- Guided walks to Marsden Cross, Rainbow Warrior Memorial & other locations;
- Historical handout to take home and access to library.
With only 10 places available and only two voyages per year, these special voyages are highly sought-after. This voyage is a must for New Zealanders and visitors alike wishing to gain a better understanding of key events that has made this nation what it is today.