Good Grief Program
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Sat 21 Jul ’12, 10:00am–5:00pm||
Where: Art Barnz, 58 Albany Heights Road, Auckland
- Earlybird (before June 22): $375.00
- Adult: $429.00
- Booking fees may apply
Event listed by: Art Barnz
Creating meaning, restoring balance and clarifying life purpose following bereavement, trauma or any loss.
Pat Armistead, RGN, Dip Ed, Dip FTM
- Facilitator, coach, author and artist leading you to joyful empowerment;
- Member Australian Centre on Quality of Life;
- Member International Humour Foundation;
- Member NZ Assoc Positive Psychology;
- Member International Faculty - Centre for Compassion in Healthcare NZ.
"We swing between grief and joy most of our lives as we respond to and deal with the life events that ultimately shape us."
This 2-day workshop uses bodycasting as a process of creation, reverence and profound intimacy with the physical being of human form. Led by joyologist Pat Armistead, you will engage in storytelling, artistic representation, explore symbolism and then develop a cast piece which is decorated symbolising your transformation and path forward.
You will experience joyful empowerment as you discover:
- What it takes to live a life full of love and joy;
- How to find meaning in your grief and loss-joyology;
- How to deal with life events with equanimity;
- How to forgive and release anger and resentment;
- How to continue to love in spite of loss;
- How to create art that symbolises your current or future position;
- How to connect to your life purpose.
The program is conducted in a pristine, high trust environment and uses the healing power of humour, intimacy and art, along with ceremony and ritual adding beauty and reverence to the process. The entire program is choreographed to music creating a tranquil space of peace and healing.
Pat worked for 12 months with Jungian psychotherapists casting and exploring myths, legends and fairy tales and uses this and ancient symbolism to create the artistic end product.
Bring a plate/finger food for a shared lunch each day. Morning and afternoon tea provided.
Investment includes all materials
Only 10 places available, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Visit Pat's personal website www.joyology.co.nz, or take a look at other workshops by Pat Armistead.