Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Mon 17 Sep ’12–Tue 18 Sep ’12, 8:30am–4:30pm||
Where: Colliers House, 52 Highbrook Drive, Auckland
Restrictions: All Ages
- General Admission: $1,713.50
Online tickets are no longer on sale
- Booking fees may apply
Event listed by: Lynnette Greeff
Business finance and financial analysis aren’t the preserve of the accounts department. Financial reporting and the data it expresses are important tools for any budget-holder in an organisation.
If that’s you and numbers aren’t your primary passion, enrol now in Finance for Non-Financial Managers, an MIT Business Course. You’ll gain an understanding of the role of financial reporting and the confidence to make judgements about its content.
- What is the difference between accounting and finance?
- Why do we need financial statements?
- Who are the audiences and what are they looking for?
- How do financials help businesses?
- Position statements (balance sheets)
- Income statements
- Cash flow statements
- Statements of movements
- Financial accounting
- Analysis and interpretation
- Performance measures
- Business valuation
- Management accounting
- Management information systems
- Management performance measures
- Strategic management accounting
- Value drivers
- Valuation tools
Reading financial data:
- Common financial terms and figures
- Common accounting equations
- Reading a monthly financial management report
- Analysis and interpretation techniques and tips
- Using historical data to predict the future
Setting and reviewing budgets:
- The department budget
- Key components in setting a departments budget variance reports
- What are annual reports?
- What are the key components?
- Tips for reading annual reports
- How an annual report is prepared
At the end of this MIT Business Course for Corporates you will:
- Understand the fundamental principles of financial management
- Confidently distinguish between the four types of financial statements
- Be able to compare and contrast accounting methodologies
- Comfortably examine and analyse financial data and formulae
- Learn how to create and monitor an effective financial budget
- Presented by industry expert
- Real-life case studies
- Group discussion and in-class feedback
- Action plans completed in-class
- Post-course exercises
- Post-course follow-up
- In-house option available
- Customisable course content
Phone 0800 SKILL UP (754 5587) or email firstname.lastname@example.org