Family Fun Day - Willowridge Wanakafest
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Sun 21 Oct ’12, 11:00am–6:00pm||
Where: Pembroke Park, Ardmore St, Wanaka
Restrictions: All Ages
- Admission: Free
Event listed by: iona7
Enjoy our famous lakefront events followed by food, wine, beer & entertainment on the main stage and more spectacular events at the park. Come on down and enjoy spectacular views, entertainment fun events and a relaxed picnic atmosphere on the park.
Entry: Free entry to wine and food site and music
Festival glass: All wine/beer must be consumed in a festival glass. Bring your glass back from Saturday to use again! Glass Price: $20 for a wine or beer glass. Includes 4 free tastings. [Glass sizes: wine tasting: 40ml, wine glass:120ml, beer tasting: 150ml, beer glass: 350ml]
We appreciate your support! Funds generated from selling wineglasses keep general admission Free and help make this festival possible!
• Feature Wines: Maude Wine, Maori Point Vineyard, Swallows Crossing
•Feature Beer: Beerworks, Tuatara Brewing
•Feature Food: Francesca’s Pizza Fresh Fruit Ice Cream, 63Bean, Cake and Bake Catering with Pirate Pickles, McGregor’s, Spice Room, Deep Creek Delicatessen, Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter, Bonjour Arrowtown
MAIN STAGE ENTERTAINMENT LINE UP FROM 11am:
•11am – Jared Shumante
•11.45am – Kid Rock
•12.45pm – Calico
•3.15pm – AUCTION/RAFFLE DRAW
•3.45pm – McGregor’s Pie eating Contest
•4.20pm – Alibi
•4:50pm – Brew Comp winner announced
•5:05 pm – Milly Bea
2:30 pm Dave (Wanaka Beerworks) – Beer Brewing in NZ
3:00pm Home Brew Beer Competition
FAMILY FUN DAY EVENTS!
10:00 am – 12:00 pm: LAKEFRONT ACTIVITIES
•10:00 am: Rotary DUCK RACE, Bullock Creek – Lakefront, Make sure you pre-purchase your duck and then come watch the spectacular releasing of the ducks in Bullock Creek to see who the cash prize winner will be!
•11:00 am: Radio Wanaka / Quest POLAR PLUNGE – Lakefront, Registration Details: Coming Soon
•12:00 pm: KAHU YOUTH CARDBOARD BOAT RACE – Lakefront, Rules and Registration Details: Coming Soon
11:00 am – 6:00 pm: ALL DAY ACTIVITIES AT PEMBROKE PARK
•MARKETS – crafts, clothing, toys, jewellery and more!
•BNZ PIGGIES FOR FASHION ON DISPLAY AT INFO BOOTH
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm: PEMBROKE PARK ACTIVITIES
•1:30pm – 2:30pm: WASTEBUSTERS WHEELIE BIN RACES – The Terrace, Registration Details: Coming Soon
•2pm – 4pm: Skate Jam by Cheapskates in association with Wanaka Skate Club – Skate Park, Registration Details: Coming Soon
• 3pm: Home Brew Beer Competition Judging Part 2 – Master Class Tent
•3pm – 4pm: WANAKA VETERINARY CENTRE PET PARADE – Participants meet 30 mins before start time.
•4pm: MCGREGOR”S PIE EATING COMPETITION - Main Stage, Registration Details: Register all day the McGregor’s Tent – Spaces Limited!,Registration Fee: FREE
• 5pm: Home Brew Beer Competition Winner Announced – Main Stage, Winner of this year’s Home Brew Beer Competition will win the prestige of brewing next year’s Wanaka Beerworks Festival Beer and Prizes from Beerworks!, Registration Details: Coming Soon, Registration Fee: $10
ACTIVITIY & CHILL OUT TENTS
• All Day: Kahu Youth Tent – The Terrace, All Youth Welcome to enjoy couches, activities, & all day chill out area.
• All Day: KidsTent – The Terrace – Proudly Sponsored by Cardrona Alpine Resort. Crafts, Quiet play, Story-time, Make & Play, visits by Pengi & Frosty & Mini muscles play-equipment, For 0-5 year olds. FREE
•All Day: Plunket Tent – The Terrace, Shade space, Nursing area, Baby change area For infants and caregivers.
FREE WORKSHOPS AND ACTIVITIES
• All Day: Puzzling World Interactive Art Billboard – The Terrace, Red, Yellow, Blue and Green! Help us redesign the puzzling world signs with paint! FREE for all!
• 1pm – 2:30pm: Aspiring Gymsports Display & “have-a-go” – Kids Tent
• 2:30pm – 4pm: Hula hoop and Circus Workshop – Kids Tent – TBC