Carnival of Creatures in the Animal Attic
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Sun 12 Aug ’12, 11:00am–4:00pm||
Where: Otago Museum, 419 Great King Street, Dunedin
Restrictions: All Ages
- Admission: Free
Event listed by: Otago Museum
Stomp, squeak and squawk to the Otago Museum this weekend to celebrate the 135th birthday of the much-loved Animal Attic. A Victorian inspired museum within the museum, the recently refreshed Animal Attic looks set to party in style with amazing amusements, marvellous music and delightful dance in a carnival of creatures!
A host of fantastic festivities have been planned including:
• Have your face painted as your favourite prowling, purring or pouncing animal with Melissa Pizzamiglio, make up artistry tutor at Otago Polytechnic, and her students.
• Venture to the critter creation station to transform yourself into a carnival creature with your ears, nose and tail!
• Our Ringmaster is ready to take you on a crazy carnival adventure tour
• Put your knowledge to the test and help the Museum’s own Animal Troupe solve an Animal Attic mystery, complete with a paw-stomping performance!
• Twist your own balloon animal with Pippity Pop
• Get up close and personal with some of the Museum’s most weird and wonderful animal specimens.
A full schedule of events is available from the Information Desk or online.