Battle of the Bands 2012 National Championship - Heat 3
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Thu 19 Jul ’12, 9:00pm–12:30am||
Where: The Venue-Musicbar, 6 Tower Street, Hornby, Christchurch City
Event listed by: Nzbob2013
Bands to be announced soon...
Doors open 8pm.
Calling all bands! Entries are now open for the Battle of the Bands 2012 National Championship.
Battle of the Bands (National Championship) is NZ’s largest R18 band competition. Events take place nationwide, allowing bands throughout the country to take part.
Over 2 months of eliminations will be held at multiple live music venues in Auckland, Hamilton, Mount Maunganui, Wellington and Christchurch. Each venue hosts a series of heats, semi-finals and regional finals. Feeder heats may also be held at additional venues in other regional locations depending on entry numbers in other regions. Throughout the event, judging and voting determines each region’s champion; who then represent their region at the National Final in Auckland.
- Bands enter online at the website.
- After registration, bands are placed into a heat at a venue nearest their location.
- Heats & semi finals will run throughout June & July, with regional finals held at the end of July and early August; culminating in the National Final in late August.
As well as gaining national attention, the winning band will receive a bevy of prizes including:
- Recording time at NZ’s premier recording facility York Street Studios;
- Musical equipment from Jansen, Allen & Heath and Audio Technica;
- Live appearances;
- Converse shoes;
- And more to be announced.
The country’s best live music venues will host Battle of the Bands events. 2012 venues are: Juice Bar & The Kings Arms in Auckland, Outback Inn in Hamilton, Brewers Bar in Mt. Maunganui, Bodega in Wellington, and more to be announced soon.
Entries open now with the event running nationwide from June...