16 Guidelines for A Meaningful & Mindful Life
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Thu 5 Jul ’12, 6:30pm–9:00pm||
|Thu 12 Jul ’12, 6:30pm–9:00pm||
|Thu 19 Jul ’12, 6:30pm–9:00pm||
|Thu 26 Jul ’12, 6:30pm–9:00pm||
Where: Amitabha Hospice Service, 44 Powell St, Auckland
Restrictions: All Ages
- Waged (includes the book, cards and material): $180.00
- Unwaged (includes the book, cards and material): $105.00
- Booking fees may apply
Event listed by: amitabhahospice
The 16 Guidelines are:
Humility; patience; contentment; delight - they empower us to restructure the way that we think.
Kindness; honesty; generosity; right speech - they empower us to restructure the way that we act.
Respect; forgiveness; gratitude; loyalty - they empower us to restructure the way that we relate to others.
Aspiration; principles; service; courage - they empower us to restructure the way that we find meaning.
Inspired by a seventh-century Tibetan text, the 16 Guidelines are a contemporary presentation of ancient wisdom. The 16 Guidelines promote mindfulness and wisdom in schools, with youth, in healthcare, prisons, the workplace and the home. Launched in 2006, the 16G are already in action in 22 countries worldwide, and growing. They provide a simple yet robust framework that can transform our minds and our attitudes towards life. The latest research carried out by neuroscientists suggests that each of us has the potential to continue developing and transforming our minds. The 16 Guidelines show us how to do this in a way that will benefit for both ourselves and others. This workshop is suitable for people of all ages and walks of life.
Throughout this very interactive workshop you will:
- Receive the 16 Guidelines book & cards;
- Get hands-on experience with a range of tools and methods;
- Receive practical tools that can immediately put to use in daily life;
- Get deeper understanding of the Guidelines & the philosophy that underlies them;
- Participate in exercises, mindfulness practice, brainstorming & discussion.
For more information about the 16G please visit: www.16guidelines.org.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the venue.