How to Start a Business Online
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Sat 17 Sep ’11, 9:30am–3:30pm||
Where: Edgewater College, 32 Edgewater Drive, Auckland
Restrictions: All Ages
- Full day workshop: $97.00
- Booking fees may apply
Event listed by: Edgewater
Have you been thinking about starting a web-based business, but not sure where to start? This course covers the key aspects to starting an online business from scratch.
- how to choose a product or service to sell online;
- understanding the competitive landscape and how to conduct market research;
- creating a basic business plan to flesh out all aspects of your planned business;
- choosing an effective domain name for your business, both the business name and a keyword-friendly domain name;
- the key terms about website development and how to select a website template or website designer for your project;
- E-commerce and secure connections and how to trade securely online;
- understanding shopping carts, online payment providers and Paypal;
- understanding freight and shipping with respect to online shopping;
- how to monitor and measure your online business with Google web tools.
Pre-requisites: a basic understanding of computers and familiarity with general Microsoft applications, navigation menus and toolbars is recommended.