Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Mon 17 Oct ’11, 10:00am–5:00pm||
|Tue 18 Oct ’11, 10:00am–5:00pm||
|Wed 19 Oct ’11, 10:00am–5:00pm||
|Thu 20 Oct ’11, 10:00am–5:00pm||
|Fri 21 Oct ’11, 10:00am–5:00pm||
|Sat 22 Oct ’11, 10:00am–4:00pm||
Where: Mangere Arts Centre - Ngā Tohu o Uenuku, Corner Orly Avenue & Bader Drive, Auckland
Restrictions: All Ages
- Admission: Free
Event listed by: Mangere Arts Centre Nga Tohu o Uenuku
Mangere Arts Centre - Ngā Tohu o Uenuku will be holding a week-long celebration of Tongan arts and culture - featuring dance, theatre and music with traditional and contemporary faikava.
Tongan artists and members of the Tongan community in Mangere have come together to present the week-long event, believed to be the first-ever celebration specifically for Tongan artists in New Zealand.
The programme of events will feature:
- Launch with traditional kava ceremony;
- Artist demonstrations and performances (dance, theatre and fanaga);
- Major solo exhibition by Sopolemalama Filipe Tohi: Fatuemaka mei Falekafa;
- Three days of senior and emerging artist panel discussions and professional development information for theatre practitioners, visual artists and dancers;
- Heritage craft market day;
- Faikava day;
- Gala variety show (finale).