The National Bank Young Farmer Contest Grand Final 2011
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Wed 29 Jun ’11, 12:30pm–1:00pm||
|Thu 30 Jun ’11, 7:00am–4:00pm||
|Fri 1 Jul ’11, 7:30am–3:00pm||
|Sat 2 Jul ’11, 9:00am–11:00am||
Where: Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park, 246 High St, Solway, Masterton
- Adult - ball: $120.00
- Booking fees may apply
Event listed by: Destination Wairarapa
The National Bank Young Farmer Contest Grand Final is to be held in Masterton from June 29 to July 2. This competition will bring together seven regional winners from throughout New Zealand, and includes practical farming tasks - great for spectators and supporters, theoretical tests and interviews, an evening of informative and entertaining speeches from the contestants, culminating in the grand final quiz evening, followed by the grand ball.
- Wednesday 29th June - Official Opening at Masterton Town Hall from 12.30pm
- Thursday 30th June - Technical Day at Brancepeth Station, Stronvar Road, Masterton from 7am to 4pm.
- Awards dinner at Copthorne Hotel from 6pm to 11pm.
- Friday 1st July - Practical Day to be held at Solway Showgrounds from 7.30am to 3pm. Gold coin donation for the public.
- AGMARDT Agribusiness breakfast at Copthorne Hotel from 8am to 10am.
- Grand final dinner at Copthorne Hotel from 6pm to 11pm.
- Saturday 2nd of July - NZ Young Farmers' Annual General meeting at Copthorne Hotel from 9am to 11am.
- Televised grand final evening show at Wairarapa College Auditorium from 5pm to 9pm. $50pp.
- Grand final celebration ball to be held at the Masterton War Memorial Stadium from 9pm to late. Combined show and ball tickets $120pp.