|Sat 29 Oct 2011, 7:00pm–9:00pm|
Held for the first time in Aotearoa New Zealand, the Ethnic Filmmakers Fest 2011 promises to be a great night out for fans of short films. The festival comprises of short films in various genres, created by emerging to semi-established filmmakers from around New Zealand, including featured director Rajneel Singh.
- Pong Fu (comedy) by filmmakers Brad, Ian, Kauri & Munro
- Brian & Eddie Make a Movie – Punjabi Death Squad (Splatter/Action) directed by Ben King
- Awkward Elevator directed by Srikanth Mangu & Matt Johns
- Flaming Jandal (comedy) by filmmakers Hamish Hill, Brad Franklin, Matt Tucker, Stuart Hobbs & Sonia Saints
- Package for 301 (film noir) directed by Martin Kemble and written by Matt Johns & Martin Kemble
- Blank Spaces directed by Rajneel Singh
Light refreshments provided before screening.
The festival is presented by independent filmmaker and visual artist Mau Muaiava of Mauproductions as part of this year’s Southside Arts Festival 2011.
Credits: Mauproductions, Vision Cultural Movement, Auckland Council, Mangere Arts Centre - Nga Tohu o Uenuku, Mau Muaiava and Kim Schuster & Crew.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.