|Sun 26 Sep 2010, 3:00pm|
Additional fees may apply
Solo piano recital by William Green. From Bach to Gershwin and Barber, Wagner to Lilburn and Body, this solo piano recital focuses on the small and the lyrical - often clothed in the unusual! A special emphasis on New Zealand music includes the premiere of William Green’s “Rags
Without Riches”, a quirky salute to the world of ragtime.
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750; Germany) arranged F. Busoni  Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland
- Frank Hutchens (1892-1965; New Zealand)  The Enchanted Isle & Sea Music
- Ernest Jenner (1892-1971; New Zealand)  Foxglove Bells
- Douglas Lilburn (1915-2001; New Zealand)  Piece ‘81
- Robert Burch (1929-2007; New Zealand)  No. 3 from Four Bagatelles
- Alfred Hill (1869-1960) Come Again Summer
- Samuel Barber (1910-1981; USA) arranged W. Green 
- The Crucifixion, from Hermit Songs, Sure on that Shining Night & To Leave, to Break, from Vanessa
- William Green (b.1962; New Zealand)  Rags without Riches
- George Gershwin (1898-1937; USA)  Love Walked In (arranged P. Grainger), They’re Writing Songs of Love (arranged M. Finnissey) & Embraceable You (arranged E. Wild)
- Jenny McLeod (b.1941; New Zealand)  Tone Clock Piece No. 2 and No.4
- Jack Body (b.1944; New Zealand)  No. 5 from Five Melodies
- William Green (b.1962; New Zealand)  No. 5 from Five Miniatures
- Helen Bowater (b.1952) No Problem from Little Bit
- Michael Norris (b. 1973; New Zealand)  Amato (Commissioned by the Caprice Arts Trust)
- Richard Wagner (1813-1883; Germany) arranged F. Liszt 
- Isolde’s Liebestod
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.