StudyEdge Study Skills - Secondary: CANCELLED
This event’s been cancelled
|Mon 4 Oct ’10, 9:15am–3:30pm||
Where: University of Canterbury College of Education, Dovedale Avenue, Ilam, Christchurch City
Restrictions: All Ages
- Early Bird Single: $295.00
- Standard Single: $395.00
- Booking fees may apply
StudyEdge Secondary is a dynamic and fun one-day course that introduces secondary school students (13-18 years) to independent study skills and attitudes that can transform their academic performance.
This course is presented personally by Parnell Group director and StudyEdge founder, Dr Bruce Johnstone PhD, MBA, BBc, FNZIM, MInstD.
The course aims to empower students to:
* Experience learning as rewarding and enjoyable.
* Use their limited study time more efficiently.
* Understand and exploit their personal learning preferences.
* Improve reading skills and boost comprehension.
* Deal with material they do not at first understand.
* Follow simple steps to produce better written work.
* Prepare confidently for examinations and tests.
* Overcome common obstacles to learning.
StudyEdge Secondary helps students to overcome common obstacles to study success and unlock their potential to grasp new concepts and absorb new information.
People with great study skills are not only better students; they are effective lifelong learners, able to update their qualifications with relative ease.
Lifelong learners have the ability to stay relevant and in-demand in fast-changing professions, or if they wish, to retrain and switch careers.
The one day StudyEdge Secondary course is a great investment in any student's future.
The course participation fee includes:
* Lunch catered by Subway (including vegetarian/vegan options) as well as healthy snacks of fruit and nuts, bottled water and juice.
* Individual testing and analysis for each student's VARK learning preferences as well as Gartner intelligence type and personality type tests.
* A course folder, pens and all course handouts.
* Login and Password for online access to updated StudyEdge resources.
* Six months of free study skills personal e-mail support from Dr Bruce Johnstone.