Essential Marketing Law Updates
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Thu 5 Aug ’10, 8:00am–1:00pm||
Where: Rydges Wellington, 75 Featherston St, Wellington
Restrictions: All Ages
Event listed by: Marketing Association
We know what you’re thinking; a seminar on the laws of marketing? A big thumbs down and a few hours of mindless notebook doodling... Well think again!
The Marketing Association is running an event designed to give marketers a chance to keep up to date with best practice processes and to stay in the loop with what’s happening within the industry from a legal perspective, without the chore of reading through reams of legislation, regulations and codes, and interpreting the various implications these regulations have on your business.
Notable keynote speakers (Keith Norris - Marketing Association, Hilary Souter - Advertising Standards Authority, and Peter Stubbs - Simpson Grierson) will be providing an entertaining update on the general legal landscape including:
- Key decisions regarding code interpretation
- The Major Event Management Act
- Environmental claims and marketing
- New codes regarding food and children
- Offensive, comparative, misleading and deceptive advertising regarding product claims, country of origin claims, therapeutic and health properties claims, and misuse of the fine print
- Privacy Act review
- The Minister of Consumer Affairs Consumer Law review
- The current situation on the sale and advertising of alcohol
In addition to the keynote speakers, we have a power-packed panel joining us for a discussion surrounding the pros and cons of self regulation versus government legislation, making this year’s EMLU anything but boring! Each panel member will present their viewpoint with a short presentation followed by a facilitated question and answer session.
- Ashley Bloomfield - Chief Advisor Public Health, Ministry of Health
- Sue Kedgley - Green MP
- Sue Chetwin - CEO, Consumer NZ
- Gerard Vaughan - CEO, Alcohol Advisory Council
- Rick Osborne - CEO, Communication Agencies Association
- Lindsay Mouat - GM, Association of New Zealand Advertisers
- Jacinda Ardern - Labour MP
- Heather Roy - National MP
- Sue McCarty - Chief Executive, Marketing Asssociation
Prepare to have your perceptions challenged and leave the event feeling entertained and inspired as well as confident and knowledgeable about the nitty gritty of current legislation and regulation.