The Captain's Dilemma Whisky & Rum Tasting
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Wed 7 Oct ’09, 7:00pm||
Where: The Whisky Shop, 41 Elliott Street, Auckland
- Adult: $50.00
- Booking fees may apply
Event listed by: Katey Rudlin
Wait List Only - Please contact us for details
What would you save if the ship was sinking?..
...Whisky or Rum? That is The Captain's Dilemma.
Love both Whisky & Rum? Familiar with one but not the other? Or just curious to see how the two can go together?
The Captan's Dilemma Whisky & Rum tasting compares the two in a passionate & 'spirited' debate.
If you came to our 'Battle of The Glens' tasting you won't want to miss out on this one.
Four leading industry professionals all consumed with passion, battle it out with canons blazing to save their favourite liquor from ending up at the bottom of the sea.
You can be there to help them win the day.
• Your MC for the evening will be Jacob Briars
• A choice of Rum or Whisky based cocktail on arrival
• Four rounds of debate accompanied by Rums & Whiskies varying in price from under $70 to over $300 RRP per bottle.
• Learn about history, style and production .
• Championing whisky will be: Nigel Kelly Spirits Ambassador for Pernod Ricard & leading Whisky authority &The Whisky Shop's own Bart Burgers.
• Championing Rum will be: Frankie Walker Ambassador for Lion Nathan & Tim Etherington Judge, renowned mixologist.
The back room of The Elliott Stables
The tasting will be accompanied by finger food
The Whisky Shop encourages responsible drinking. We strongly advise you to arrange alternative transport for this tasting or if you prefer book a discounted room at the Elliott Hotel & Apartments.